THE GUERRILLA ANGEL REPORT — This is a text transcript of the sentence proceedings of the John Yeh federal trial. Although Yeh’s colleagues pleaded for a lessor sentence, the judge through the book at him. Yeh personally gained $20 million dollars from this fraud. His brother, another $20 million. Others involved will be sentenced later.
Here is my earlier report on the conviction:
Here’s the text via IDeaf News and GallyNet-l:
Nov. 30, 2011
Clarkson S Fisher Federal Courthouse
- Court will start at 9 30am
- No pictures or video are permitted at the court but live texting will be available
- The lawyers are coming in
- John and Joseph yeh lawyers are sitting down
- Court starts in 5 min. The officer is asking people no cameras and no videos and they need to sit down now
- United states prosecutors are sitting on their table
- John Yeh is standing outside from the court room.
- More lawyers arrive here in the court now
- The court room is full of people sitting and waiting for the court to begin
- John’s son, Jason is in the court room on 2nd row
- John yeh is now in the court room
- Joseph yeh is with John yeh. Joseph is john’s brother
- John is in a good spirit. He said hello to his people in the back of the court room.
- Yeh brothers are talking to their lawyers right now.
- The court will begin shortly.
- The lawyers are preparing to begin.
- John yeh is very silent and he is thinking..
- John Yeh is sitting and writing something. He also talking with his lawyers.
- Over 100 people are here in the court so far.
- The US prosecutors and John’s lawyers are discussing now
- John Yeh is talking with Dr. Robert Davila
- John just thanked to iDeafnews for coming to the court. He wants Deaf and Hard of hearing community to know what’s happening with him and the court.
- The judge has entered the court room.
- Lawyers are introducing themselves to the judge
- The court is discussing sentencing report
- Judge has read all paperworks related to sentencing and affiliates
- Judge is now talking about the case.
- He is talking about the sentencing process.
- Judge is still talking about the guidelines related to sentencing.
- Us prosecutor is now talking
- John yeh’s lawyer is now talking about agreement about sentencing with us prosecutor.
- Financial lost around 20 million to 50 million by John and Joseph yeh
- Lawyers and us prosecutor is discussing levels and points related to sentencing. John has 34 points and Joseph has 32 points.
- Lawyers ask to adjust sentencing due of their ages and disability.
- Us prosecutors now speaking why should they be sentenced.
- Reminder this is a live text not video streaming. Court won’t allow any video and pictures at this time.
- Us prosecutor is explaining to judge why John and Joseph should be punished.
- Presenting evidences of why John and Joseph did this
- Us prosecutor claim John yeh knew what happened and he need to be punished.
- Us prosecutor claims 20 million dollars is lost and ask for more than 15 years in prison. Not determined yet.
- Asking Joseph yeh to be sentenced 12 years in prison. Not determined yet.
- Us prosecutor calling a witness.
- Jay keithley is called as a witness and he works with federal communication commission as a investigator. He is called by US prosecutor at this time.
- US prosecutor is asking Kay (witness) how vrs system works and how they get paid for their services
- The judge lift his arms above his head relaxing and listening.
- Joseph and John yeh is very quiet and looking at interpreter talking about vrs.
- Kay (witness) is explaining about the false calls made by viable.
- Kay (witness) claims John and Joseph yeh have earned more than 29.5 millions by making false calls.
- Around 67 percent calls were claimed false. Kay said
- Kay explains how they investigate on fraud calls
- Now John s lawyer is talking with Kay (witness).
- John lawyer is asking clarification about incentive plans being made by other vrs service that is similar to viable.
- Joseph Yeh’s lawyer now asking Kay (witness)
- Kay has been released as witness and he returns to his seat.
- Calling Alfred sonnesthral to the stand
- Alfred is being called to the stand by john yeh s lawyer.
- Alfred say he know John yeh since 1960
- John Yeh’s lawyer is asking him how he knows John yeh and what his relationship was
- Alfred explains how John yeh worked with deaf community in the past and how he devoted his time and energy toward deaf community.
- John lawyer asked Alfred about CSDVRS clear blue program
- Alfred explains the concept of clear blue and it is not related to this issue.
- Alfred stated that John yeh apologized and accepted for his behavior
- The US prosecutor is asking Alfred questions now
- The plaintiff lawyer asked Alfred if John Yeh admitted him that he was guilty. Alfred said yes with one count.
- Now judge asked for 15 min break
- I deaf news asked John yeh during the break asking how does he feel about this so far and he said “I m expecting this to happen and he is prepared for what will come to him next.
- John yeh is talking with frank Turk.
- Fanny yeh is talking with interpreter about cart issue that the court need to provide one but there is none.
- Dr. Frank Turk stood up and expressed his feeling about how wonderful John Yeh did and has contributed to the Deaf and HOH community.
- Dr. Robert Davila had expressed his feeling about John Yeh as well. He also expressed his concern about prison situation that many Deaf n HOH prisoners had bad experienced in the past.
- The judge sentenced John Yeah 108 months in prison.
- The judge also sentenced John’s brother 55 months in prison.
End of text transcript.
Source: IDeaf News and GallyNet-L
You’re welcome to share this entire article!
Follow this topic and others on Lexie Cannes’ Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/lexiecannes
Get the transgender-themed feature film “Lexie Cannes“ here:
Categories: Everything else